Home by the Sea

Home by the Sea
'our beach'

Friday 18 February 2011

First project

My first project; a small footstool and a table, both brought yesterday, locally and cheapl .  Initially I was after a much larger footstool but the very helpful lady in the shop advised me against this 'a bit too advanced for a first project'. As I have not a clue about upholstering, I can only compare with wrapping a present! I took her advice.
Armed with scissors, stapler remover and pliers I attacked the mustard fabric on the (very dusty) footstool; to reveal a very boring circular piece of plywood with 3 three legs screwed to the base. What was I expecting?.
Anyway today I am out to buy paint, foam, fabric and tassels.  Will report back later.  PP
Before photos; actually look better in photographs then they really are.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment